Dear students and parents,
The Western Region results are now available. This is a very important and time sensitive e-mail, as I will need confirmation of a few things no later than this Friday, November 17, for those that were accepted. A hearty congratulations to the many students that made it. Ridgefield will be well represented at the festival.
To see whether or not you made it, I have posted the list here.
To see cutoff scores and how close or far away you were, click here.
If you did not make it, don't be discouraged. These things are very competitive, and to a degree somewhat subjective. It's a lesson that there's always someone out there that can play better. I have felt that sting many times in my life, and you just have to have a thick skin. We don't play music in order to be the best...we do it because we love it. If I only played to be the best, I would have quit when I didn't make Jazz Band in high school two years in a row. Keep shedding away and getting better. Be the best YOU that you can be. Try again. #resilience.
IMPORTANT NEXT STEPS FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT
- On the same link to see the list of those that made it (or click here), there are two gray columns you need to fill out.
- The first is accepting your place in the festival
- The second is whether or not you plan to audition for All State. Making regionals qualifies you to audition for All State.
- THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BY THIS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17
- Visit this link
- Scroll down to the section labeled "Forms" and look to the right under where it says "STUDENTS"
- Download and fill out the STUDENT FESTIVAL CONTRACT and STUDENT HEALTH FORMS
- Return these forms to me with a check for $30 made out to RIDGEFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
- THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BEFORE THANKSGIVING BREAK to give me time to process, for the bookkeeper to process, for the checks to clear, and for the school to remit payment by the December 15 deadline.
We typically receive festival music around mid December. I will notify you when it has arrived. Please do not light up my inbox asking me if it got here yet...I will let you know as soon as I receive it.